top of page
  • Writer's pictureBonnie Crane

Using Up Leftovers with Spellbinders’ Underwater Tunnel and Underwater Marine Life

Hello friends! When you can’t bear to toss out positive die cuts from Spellbinders’ Underwater Tunnel, you can always make more cards! And that is exactly what I did! After making the Tunnel Card, I had all these lovely, coloured die cuts begging to be made into a card … or two! One card is all about dimension and the other, a fun shaker.

  • Underwater Marine Life was cut from Bristol Smooth card stock. Some elements were cut multiple times.

  • The elements were coloured with Distress Oxide Inks. I worked with several colours; Shaded Lilac, Ripe Persimmon, Dried Marigold, Bundled Sage, Pumice Stone and Salvaged Patina.

  • The fish and turtle are layered and easily assembled.

  • For the dimensional card, the tunnel die cuts from Underwater Tunnel were ready to go! The dies were used to cut sheet foam for all of the tunnels except the largest one.

  • The largest tunnel was adhered directly to an A2 sized card base. The remainder of the tunnels were stacked on the foam die cuts and then adhered one on top of the other tucking in the seaweed die cuts between the layers.

  • For both cards, the tag die from Scallop Labels and Tag die set was cut from vellum. The label tag inner was stamped with a sentiment from Seahorse Garden and adhered to the tag. It was finished off with a ribbon tie.

  • The tag was positioned, and the fish and remaining seaweed added.

  • The card was embellished with Peridot Color Essential Gems.

  • To create the shaker, the panel was cut with the largest tunnel die and the positive die cut was adhered to an A2 sized panel. Although the panel was already prepared from the Tunnel Card project, additional ink was added to change it up … Faded Jeans and Salty Ocean. To align the positive die cut to the opening, it was positioned back into the panel, adhesive applied to the positive die cut and then together both were positioned on to an A2 sized panel.

  • Acetate was adhered to the back of the die cut opening.

  • A piece of oversized sheet foam was also cut with this die. The foam was adhered to the panel and the excess foam trimmed off.

  • To assemble, I removed the foam insert from the Misti stamping platform and inserted the foam backed card front face down in one corner. Teal Opalescent Sequins were added and the panel with the positive die cut was adhered to it. The shaker was mounted on an A2 sized card base.

  • The tag and elements were adhered to the card.



SUPPLIES

When possible, I participate in an Affiliate Link Program. Essentially that means that I receive a small commission for purchases made below. These moneys help support the costs associated with my blog. There is absolutely no difference in the prices of products purchased here or directly from the on-line store. Thank you for your support!



THANK YOU FOR YOUR VISIT!

Comments


bottom of page