See Through, Inlaid Card featuring Studio Katia’s Mini Slimline: Small Hearts Cover
Hello, fellow crafters! I have a cute pair of birthday cards using an easy technique featuring Studio Katia's Mini Slimline: Small Hearts Cover. These transparent card fronts with their inlaid hearts look as good on the outside as they do when the card is opened up! I have a tip to achieve this look! Such a fun project!
For each card, two pieces of vellum or acetate and card stock were cut to 3 1/2" by 8 1/2".
White heavy card stock was cut to 7" by 8 1/2" for the card base.
The small panel of card stock was aligned to the left hand side of the card base and the scalloped die from Mini Slimline: Set One was centred on it. When run through the die cutter, the two layers of card stock may or may not be cut through. If not, there will be an impression on the card base, the second layer. Align the die to it and cut again.
The card base was then scored at 3 1/2" on the the 7" side and creased.
One of the acetate or vellum panels was adhered to the front of the card base over the die cut opening.
The second acetate or vellum panel was die cut with the Mini Slimline: Small Heart Cover die
Liquid adhesive was applied around the perimeter on the front of the card base. The die cut acetate or vellum panel was adhered on top of the first one. It is important to let the adhesive dry before doing the inlay work.
To ensure the hearts look as good when the card is opened as they do on the front, the card stock was first adhered to sheet adhesive prior to being die cut. I used the Xyron Sticker Maker but adhesive panels are available Links will be provided in the Supply list.
For the vellum card, I used 15 colours of card stock arranged in rainbow order! The adhesive-backed card stock was first trimmed down to fit one row of hearts on the die.
For the acetate card, three tones of pink card rock were used. The adhesive-backed card stock was trimmed to cut 5 rows of hearts at once.
The frames were adhered to the card fronts ensuring the scallops on both the frame and the card base were aligned.
Now for the inlay work! The die cut hearts will have backing paper that will need to be removed. A craft pick will be your best friend making this an easy task!
For the vellum card, the hearts were applied in horizontal rows in rainbow order.
For the acetate card, the hearts were applied diagonally beginning with the lightest pink and cycling repeatedly through the three tones.
The main script sentiment from It's Your Birthday was stamped with a combination if Picked Raspberry and Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide inks in the inside of the acetate card.
For the vellum card, Allene's cube inks Cotton Candy, Mango Smoothie, Caribbean Sky and Deep Iris were used. As the inks were applied to the stamp, they were slightly overlapped to produce secondary colours.
The secondary sentiment was stamped with black Versafine ink.
To view the tutorial, click HERE. You will be redirected to YouTube.