Santa’s Fireplace … all die cut cards!
Hello everyone! We are getting a head start on Christmas this year … the gingerbread cookies and houses are baked ready for decoration and the house is beginning to look festive. Last year, I was living in another province, and because of travel restrictions related to COVID, Christmas with my family was via Zoom! We are definitely appreciative that we will be together in person this year and are making up for lost time! Making Christmas cards is an important lead up to the holidays and I am happy to share with you Spellbinders SANTA’S FIREPLACE! This set was the Large Die of the Month for November. I checked and it is still available! This die set is AMAZING!
All of the backgrounds for these cards were created with Simon Says Stamp’s Blossom Field embossing folder … reminiscent of Anaglypta wall paper. Old Paper Distress Oxide ink was applied to the folder for the card with the Santa. The backgrounds were adhered to A2 sized bases.
i completed the die cutting for all three cards at the same time. Specialty card stock was used for many details. White and yellow glitter paper were used on all the cards. In addition, matte gold card stock was used on the blue card, pearlized gold on the pink card and matte silver and black glitter paper on the Santa card. Aside from the fire places that were cut on a large die cutting machine, the mini Sizzix Sidekick was used for everything else. Big time saver!!!
The sentiment and foreground were die cut and adhered to the card. The notches on the foreground guide the placement of the fireplace on the card. For the pink and blue cards the fireplace was cut twice and stacked. The die was also used to cut a dark background for the fire box. The background for the filigree was glued to the back. When adhering the front details, the moulding at the base of the pedestal helps with the correct placement of the inside die cut detail.
For the Santa card, an extra fireplace was cut and the centre filigree below the mantle trimmed, It was mounted on foam tape and adhered to the card. After the dark background for the fire box was adhered, the Santa was assembled. The legs which have a die cut hole were attached to the coat with a small foam square. I die cut a small card stock circle to attach the other side of the foam square to. This addition made it easier to align the Santa and adhered it the area where the filigree was trimmed on the fireplace. The rest of the fireplace was assembled as the previous cards and stacked. After the fireplaces were decorated … using a jewel picker to deal with those tiny die cuts help!!! … Nuvo Crystal Drops were used on the flower centres and White Blizzard Glitter Drops on the berries.
If you have difficulty viewing this video, click HERE.
I participate in an Affiliate Link Program. Essentially that means that I receive a small commission for purchases made below. These moneys help support the costs associated with my blog. There is absolutely no difference in the prices of products purchased here or directly from the on-line store. Thank you for your support!