Glimmer Hot Foil System Basics with Spellbinders Mix & Match
Hello everyone! Well I am learning how to use Glimmer Hot Foil System and having lots of fun! Such a unique foiling machine. I am only touching on the basics at this point but see so much potential. Here are my thoughts after working on today's project ...
* The Glimmer System is different than foiling with a laminator. The foiled
image is letterpressed meaning is slightly recessed.
* The system comes with everything you need to get started ... shims,
tweezers, hot mat, foil and two glimmer plates.
* It has the potential to do more than just foiling with the plates; you can also
use your dies! The system is also great for letterpress techniques without
* The system is not only compatible with Spellbinders' Platinum but with the
Sizzix' BigShot. I am sure it can also be used with other manual die cutters.
* This foiling system is so unique! I love that the platform from the Glimmer
goes from their machine to your die cutter! So cool!
I am looking forward to working more with this system and LEARNING as I go!
Today's cards feature the Glimmer plates, Mix & Match, that were included in the December Club Kit. I have linked the set here as I could not find the affiliate link if you want to check it out! I worked on oversized panels of patterned paper.
* A green indicator light will come on the Glimmer machine is ready for use.
* Trim the foil to the size of the plates. Excess foil could result in foiling areas
of the background. If this happens, the foil is easily removed. The
Couture Creations Creative Detailer works very well!
* Use the tweezers provided to position the plates on the platform.
* Place the foil SHINY SIDE DOWN over the plates.
* Disengage the platform. Cover with the card stock and the acrylic spacer.
For the BigShot, I got the best results when I also used the included shim.
* Remove your die cutter' platform and slowly roll the Glimmer
platform through it.
* Voila! The image is foiled!
Creating the Cards
All five panels were foiled in silver and cut with the 3rd largest die in Spellbinders' Rectangles nesting die set. These panels were mounted on sheet foam. After the sentiments were foiled, they were die cut and also mounted on foam.
Blue - panel mounted on Simon Says Stamp's Surf Blue card stock and die cut with the scalloped die from Simon's Frames die set.
Grey - panel mounted on Simon Says Stamp's Slate card stock and die cut with 3rd largest in Spellbinders' Rectangles nesting die set
Thank You Cards:
Yellow - panel mounted on patterned paper and die cut with the largest die My Favorite Things's Stitched Rectangles Stax 2.
Kraft- panel mounted on Neenah Desert Storm card stock and die cut with the largest die in Penny Black's Antique Frame nesting die set.
Pink- panel mounted on Simon Says Stamp's Cotton Candy card stock and die cut with the second largest die in Simon's A2 Thin Frames.
If you have difficulty viewing the video, click HERE.
I participate in an Affiliate Link Program. Essentially that means that I receive a small commission for purchases made below. These moneys will help support the costs associated with my blog. There is absolutely no difference in the prices of products purchased here or directly from the on-line store. Thank you for your support!
Bonus Offer at Spellbinders